On the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Young Women Values program, Shadow Mountain Records releases a Young Women values-themed album for a new generation. “Live What I Know: Honoring the Values of Young Women”, is filled with original songs from singers/songwriters like Hilary Weeks, Julie de Azevedo, Cherie Call, and more.
In conjunction with the album, Deseret Book is hosting a FREE concert for young women and their leaders. The event will be Wednesday, August 24th at 7:15pm at Cottonwood High School. Songs from the album will be performed by the original artists, and the performers will share their thoughts about each of the Young Women Values in their own unique way.
Tickets are required, and can be found at deseretbook.com/tix.
Deseret Book will also carry a book of sheet music and accompaniment tracks for the entire album. These products will provide Young Women the opportunity to present the album as a musical program within their individual communities.
Each of the original songs highlights the Young Women values, including the newly added value virtue. The hope of the album is to help inspire young women to live a virtuous life and stand firm in the faith through everyday trials. The Young Women Values are: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue.
The track list includes:
- He Loves Me (Katherine Nelson & Jessi Osmond)
- I Find Faith (Hilary Weeks)
- I Am Divine (Carmen Rasmusen Herbert)
- My Story (Stephanie Mabey)
- When I Learn (Katherine Nelson)
- I Choose Him (April Meservy)
- Good Work for Me to Do (Cherie Call)
- He Whispers Courage (Julie Yardley)
- The Virtue of Gold (Jenessa Buttars)
- Live What I Know (Haley Anderson)